Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Being Spiritually Fit*

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8
This verse popped out at me.  God is really reminding me of  what I am setting out to do with this Blog. He reminds me how yes it is good to be training everyday  to be physically fit for my life now, but  I also need to train everyday to be spiritually fit for my  life to come, my life with him.There are many similarities among the two.  It takes great dedication  to the sport and the  word. I also have  to continue to learn new ways to train and new ways to  bring the Lord closer to me. I find just reading the Bible to sometimes bog me down, but looking online or reading other books that have specific and unique lessons to be helpful and to bring ease into bringing what I read into my life. In the end  what makes you the strongest is training everyday. Having God in your life everyday, not only when things are tough should I pray to him, but  thanking him when he blesses me, telling him burdens on my heart. Praying to him everyday brings him closer into my life.    I hope that you all have  a great Tuesday:) ~Hannah Louisa
Some winter for Erika:)
*  Level 4(race pace) Intervals (Skate) 5x 1k(4min rest).  Emphasis on Tempo and  quick transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment